Friday, May 18, 2012

Watermelon-Avocado Cooler

I have a horrible record when it comes to picking out watermelon. My dad gets it right almost every time. What is my problem? I think it has been years since I picked one that was spot-on delicious. Usually my watermelons are flavorless and/or mushy. So, what do we do after investing at least $5 in yet another watermelon disappointment?  I either choke down the whole thing myself, figuring I should pay the price for my own error, or I freeze chunks for smoothies. Yesterday I didn't have time to freeze the chunks of the latest bland watermelon purchase, so I blended them up with some ice and avocado.  Watermelon coolers like this are hardly my invention, but I thought the avocado was a nice, creamy twist and wanted to share it with any of you who, like me, need new ways to enjoy the inevitable insipid watermelon of the season. Cheers!




4 cups fresh watermelon chunks
1 medium avocado
2 Tbsp. lime juice
2 cups ice
1-2 Tbsp. agave nectar, to taste

Blend everything until smooth and frosty. This makes 2-3 servings.

These are great after a hot day playing at the park!









This post is linked to Fit and Fabulous Fridays ,Breakfast Idea Mondays, Slightly Indulgent Tuesdays Allergy-Free Wednesdays, Whole Foods Wednesdays and Wellness Weekend.  

3 comments:

  1. Yum! My kids would love this! Thanks for sharing at Breakfast Ideas Mondays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My 1 year old loved this smoothie. I made some popsicles with the leftovers too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad to hear it! The popsicle idea is great--I will definitely try that next time.

      Delete